Make Music with Your Child
With TYKG, you and your child can play music together!
Playing music with your child is entirely optional, of course, but for many parents, it can be a treasured experience. And, for your child, it will be the very first step toward making music with others.
You can make music together with any TYKG song:
- You can play the melody while your student plays the chords.
- You can play the chords while your student plays the melody.
- You can play the chords while your student sings (ideal if your student is just starting out and is not ready to play chords).
- You can sing while your student plays the chords (ideal if you don’t play guitar, but you do enjoy singing).
- You can both play the chords and sing together.
- You can play another instrument (piano, harmonica, etc…) while your child plays guitar.
- You can even lead “sing-alongs,” where you play chords and several children sing along!